Terms and Conditions for use of YouMattered
We ask that you take the time to read the terms of conditions for using YouMattered which are stated below. We would appreciate your understanding that because of the nature of setting up an online Tribute Site that may be intended for perpetual public access, we must have clear conditions regarding authority, content and privacy in particular.
When you create an online memorial you are agreeing to be bound by these rules and so if you have any queries whatsoever, please use our contact us form.
If you are not the next of kin would you, as a courtesy, please ensure that you have their authority to create your tribute. If you are under the age of 18 you must have the consent of a parent or guardian in order to use this service.
Use of YouMattered
The objective of YouMattered is purely for personal use to enable people to create beautiful, loving Tributes to family, friends and co workers.
Any content that may be viewed as offensive or otherwise inappropriate may be removed by YouMattered at its sole discretion without notice. This action may include the full removal of a Tribute without refund.
Our Tribute Guardians retain the copyright over all their uploaded content whilst all Intellectual Property relating to the website is owned by YouMattered.
Any re-publication of any part of the website including any content and/or the YouMattered logo is not allowed without express written permission by YouMattered. Any breach of this by either individuals, companies or any other organisation will be deemed to be a breach of both the spirit of the service and legal copyright and we reserve the right to take action to protect the interests of both YouMattered and our users.
YouMattered uses leading global hosting solutions to ensure almost 99.99% uptime service access along with both on-site and our own independent off-site back up of key data.
Information collected is stored in a format suitable for future online display but please note that resolutions of stored images may not be appropriate for subsequent hard copy printing.
As the Curator, you remain responsible for the content of your site. YouMattered is not responsible in any way for this content notwithstanding its authority to remove any inappropriate content at its own discretion.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you also recognize that you should retain your own independent storage of all information submitted to your tribute site.
While we try to take reasonable precautions to protect and store your information, YouMattered cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage, including temporary or permanent loss of access. As part of the contract you agree that is not, nor ever will be, liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the service for any reason. You also agree to indemnify YouMattered for any direct or indirect damages claims now or in the future that could total more than a return of monies paid by you.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.